After enable the WPAD service, browsers (Firefox, IE, Opera, Chrome) are able to download automatically the proxy configuration trough Artica Web site.
- Basically if the “Automatically detect settings” option is checked, each browser try to resolve a computer called wpad or wpad.yourdomain.tld.
- If the wpad computer can be resolved then browser will try to download the https://wpad.xxx/wpad.dat file that store settings.
- For this reason, Windows DNS service add the computer “wpad” in the blacklist to ensure that is correctly used.
- Use this article to remove WPAD computer from the Windows DNS blacklist
- Add a computer called WPAD to your DNS and set the Artica Proxy IP address in the DNS setting.
- Shutdown your browser and execute it in order to refresh settings.