Artica is able to handle and generate WPAD scripts dynamically.
Artica provides a wizard in order to help you.
This wizard enable a Web service and a simple script for the first time.
- Select “Your proxy” on the top menu.
- Under Control, select Autoconfiguration link
- Click on the button in order to run the wizard
- First set the domain of your network usually sent by your dhcp server.
You can see this domain with the command ipconfig /all on your workstation.
See the domain connection suffix entry
- Set the subnet of your network
- Set the ip address/listen port of the Artica Proxy
- Click on Build Settings in order to construct your WPAD service
- A new first rule is created, ensure that your wpad.domain.tld/wpad is added into your local DNS
- See how to use it with browsers