Artica have 2 license models: The Community Edition and the Entreprise Edition.
The Entreprise Edition allows you to:
- Active Directory connection: In Community edition, the Active Directory connection is not available.
- One single instance: In Community Edition, you can only use one proxy instance ( unlimited in Corporate edition )
- Create caches: In Community edition your are limited to one 2GB cache directory.
- Limited statistics: In Community Edition you have only 5 days retention for statistics.
- Use Artica Web filtering Database: In Community Edition you can only use Toulouse University database for 3.000.000 websites ( Artica provides 31.000.000 categorized websites ).
- Extra Antivirus Malwares databases: In Community Edition basics ClamAV updates are available, with the entreprise edition, extra Malwares, phishing, botnets antivirus databases are automatically enabled.
- Create your own web filtering categories: In Community edition, you are not able to create your own categories.
- Use Categories in Proxy ACLs: Entreprise Edition allows you to create specific rules for limit bandwidth, allow,deny according websites categories.
- Skin error and blocked pages: Entreprise Edition allows you to skin, change design of errors pages and blocked pages.
- Skin and design the HotSpot: Entreprise Edition allows you to skin, change design the HotSpot front-end.