Socks transparent rules is a strong feature that allow the proxy ( act as gateway ) to catch specific destinations ports in order to transparently forward TCP connections to the Socks Proxy service.
In this case, like the HTTP proxy service, you are able to “Socksify” any TCP port such as 25,110,21,993 …
- Select the “Transparent rules” tab.
- Click on New rule
- You can define rules using source IP addresses/ net mask in CDIR mode, destination IP addresses/ net mask in CDIR and a port.
The address 0.0.0.0/0 means all addresses.
- In the example, we transparently forward TCP connections to the socks proxy server when packets are from the 172.16.1.0/24 network and for the 25 port.
- You must click on “Apply” to make rules in production mode.
- On the main parameters the “Transparent Socks Proxy” status must show a running service.