Rewrite rules can be used to modify requests in the fly. It is a part of the Web filtering.
To understand this feature we want to change the http://www.bing.com to http://www.google.com
- First you need to create rewrite objects
- Click on the top menu on Your proxy.
- Click on rewrite objects
- Click on new object on the table.
- Give an object name.
- Click on the new created object
- Select items tab
- Add “bing.” in the first field and “google.” in the second field.
- Add “msn.” in the first field and “google.” in the second field.
- Click on Your Proxy on the top menu
- Choose Webfiltering rules.
- Choose your webfiltering rule
- Select Rewrite rules tab.
- Enable your bing replace rule.
- Click on compile rules button to make the rule in production mode.
If users type www.bing.com or www.msn.com, browsers will be redirected to google.com
Note: these rules works only on HTTP protocol or HTTPS with proxy decryption method.
You cannot use rewrite rules on blocked websites, blocked websites will be blocked first before rewrite urls.