When connecting the proxy to your Active Directory, the proxy only allow users that are in the Microsoft domain scope.
Workstations such as Linux, tablets or outside the domain is not able to connect to the proxy correctly.
The NTLM proxy is a service designed to tranform a basc Authentication to an NTLM authentication.
In this case a Linux Workstation is able to login with an Active Directory account in order to pass trough the proxy if it use the NTLM Proxy.
- On the proxy section, Choose “Active Directory” icon.
- Select the tab “NTLM Proxy“
- Turn to green the feature and choose a new listen port ( not the current proxy port)
- Click on Apply
- Point browsers to the new port
- Browser will be prompted to enter the Active Directory user in order to be translated to NTLM method