Artica use 2 accounts to play with the Active Directory server:
The System Account
- It is used to join the Artica computer to the Windows Domain.
- This account require administration privileges.
- It is located in the main Active directory connection section.
The LDAP Account
The LDAP account is used by Artica to browse the Active Directory in order to provide:
- Groups, users listing
- Build Access Control list.
- Buil webfiltering groups.
- It is defined in the LDAP parameters in the Active Directory section.
- It must be in the user@domain form.
- It require just access in “Read-only” mode.