The computer “wpad” is a reserved host-name to automatically provide proxy settings to all browsers.
The Artica DNS service is able to catch all “wpad*” DNS requests in order to answer them according rules by network.
- On the DNS section/Control, click on WPAD rules grey link.
- Enable the feature by clicking on the “Enable the feature” button.
- Click on the WPAD: New rule button
- This section allows you to force the DNS server to answer to an IP address according the IP address or the subnet client.
- For example you can resolve the wpad computer to 192.168.1.1 from a client that query the DNS from the 192.168.1.0/24 network and resolve the wpad computer to 192.168.1.2 from a client that query the DNS from the 172.16.1.0/24 network.
- You can use 0.0.0.0/0 for the “cacth-all” network.
- You can use 192.168.1.1/32 for only one IP address.
- When finish, click on the Apply button to make rules in production mode.