Artica is a strong proxy cache that claim to cache strongly websites in order to safe bandwidth.
In some cases ( web applications, News / chat websites ) this behavior is not productive.
You can easily deny some websites to be cached by the proxy.
1) How to see if a website is cached or not.
- Click on Events top menu, you will see the real-time monitor.
- A “green” request means the proxy send the object from it’s cache and the object is not retrieved from Internet.
- A “black” request means the object is fetched from internet ( it is not cached ).
2) Deny a Web site to be cached
On the top menu click on “Action” button
Choose the “Deny from cache” icon.
- Add the main domain in the list.
- For example:
- if the web site is www.domain.tld, add domain.tld
- If the web site subdomain.domain.tld, add domain.tld
- If you want to deny from cache only subdomain.domain.tld, add a “hat” ^subdomain.domain.tld
- Click on Save.
- The Save button did not apply rules in production ! Click on the button “Compile” to make it in production mode.
- Verify on the real-time events that everything is black for the added website.