The SSL Installer tool is a program able to install Artica proxy certificate on Windows machines and/or Create Proxy aliases according all MAC addresses found on the computer and/or Change Internet Explorer and FireFox settings to a proxy.pac.
It download the certificate directly from the proxy and install it.
This tool must be executed with Artica v2.39.072611 or above
- This tool run on Windows machines and must be executed as Administrator
- Uncompress the downloaded zip file and edit the config.ini, change settings according your needs.
[CONFIG] #IP address of the Artica Web administration server address=192.168.1.3 port=9000 #be silent or send Popup when error occurs. silent=0 # Install certificates 1/0 = Download and install certificate trough the proxy Web interface InstallCertificate=1 # If you are * not connected * to any Active Directory, the proxy is able to create an alias with the MAC address and the current connected # user, the tool will communicate identities of the machine to the proxy . CreateComputerAlias=0 # Add possibility to change Firefox settings to a Proxy.pac ChangeFFSettings=0 # Add possibility to change Internet Explorer settings to a Proxy.pac ChangeIESettings=0 #If modification is made, did the process create a backup of Firefox settings before ? ChangeFFSettingsBackup=1 #Full URL to the pac file. PacUri=http://proxy.domain.tld/proxy.pac
- After editing the config.ini, you can remove the “src” directory and create an self-extracting executable of the whole directory.
- Execute the “ssl-installer.exe” on a computer client as Administrator
- Read the events.txt file to see if there are some errors.